Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Community Service

At this point we have logged over 160 hours amongst the team in the community. We have been committed to several different youth organizations giving soccer clinics to many different groups. We have also been very active with the Adirondack food shelf which helps the homeless. A very nice project we have done yearly is working with the Juvenile Diabetes program. The team had a lot of fun with it and it has been amazing how many of the different organizations have come to follow us at all of our home games.

This has been a great way for our team to come together and also give back to our community.

2 comments:

  1. My dear friends in P-burgh... I was on that first team in 1981 to go the dance. What a feeling, and seeing all you guys have done makes me proud. Looking fwd to next year. I WISH I HAD YOUR COACH BACK WHEN I PLAYED. All the best.
    Theodore J. Sofianos, PhD - class of '85

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kids,

    I like to tell everyone that is was the teams that Chris coached BEFORE 1990 that propelled him to his success for the past 20 years! I hope all my old friends are well. We had some good times back then. The soccer house on Leonard Street, The Point, Study Buckets, Fillions, Woodstocks, Mother's, and that Towny bar all the hockey players (and coach) hung out in. It was amazing we made it to practice. I am also proud, like Teddy, of what OUR team has become. We as alumni, should support them in any way we can, because we are all family.

    We need to all get together to make fun of ourselves real soon!!!

    Your friend,

    Mody

    PS..If you have not done so, please sign up to be a Bone Marrow Donor...It saves lives and I am living proof.

    ReplyDelete