Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Chris Balducci

I just read on our sports website that a former Cardinal soccer player will be inducted into the hall of fame here at Plattsburgh.

I just want to say congratulations to Chris Balducci on behalf of the team. The reason his name stands out to some of us who play here 17 years after he did is that one of our former teammates broke the records that he set. As a freshman and a sophomore I had to honor of playing with John San Filippo or Gino as he is known. Gino is still to this day the best goalkeeper I have ever played with and I have played with some brilliant ones. I know it took him a long time to break Chris’ records and that shows how good of a goalkeeper he must have been.

To set records here at a place like Plattsburgh is no small feat. Goalkeeping ones can be especially difficult as you are relying on your team to provide the defensive cover in front of you. Now that Gino has broken his records it is nice that he now has his place in the hall of fame because people can often forget the old record holders and that is a shame.

It is always nice to see ex-players get recognition and I know there will be many more in the future because our program has had and still has that many great players.

Congratulations Chris,
Sincerely from the 2010 Plattsburgh State Men’s Soccer Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment